Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Panic (a kind of confession)

I'm thankful for the life I lead. I have an amazing family, a great job with wonderful coworkers and a roof over my head at night. Sometimes I can't listen to the radio or watch the news because all the negative press on the economy makes me feel ill. The wedding is on track, our planning continues, but I'm really concerned that we shouldn't be spending money on a wedding when there's so much uncertainty in our economy.

A little backstory: my fiancé, let me just call him Mr. Cheese from now on (its a family joke), and I are parents to a gorgeous little five year old boy. He's in preschool and loves every minute of it. As I've mentioned before, Mr. Cheese works in media. Unfortunately because of a very recent, very high profile merger his company was part of, he has absolutely no job security. He's confident he'll have a job until October 31st . . . but after that we have no clue. Not knowing his job status is incredibly stressful for both of us and we're shielding Baby Cheese from any and all knowledge of the situation. Why scare him with information about a situation we really can't explain?

So, we're hoping and praying that everything works out for the best for our family. Unfortunately thousands of other families across the country are in similar situations and its a scary scenario to be facing. Fortunately my job is secure. Fortunately Baby Cheese's schooling is secure. We're together, happy and well loved. I'm trying to focus on the positive, but every now and then the panic sort of takes over.

No comments: