Thursday, October 9, 2008

Focus . . .

Sometimes I have an amazing ability to tune out everything that goes on around me. Its a talent that I've had to develop since I work in an office where we generally work with an open door policy and each of my coworkers has a different sound coming out of their room. Close my door? Nope, I don't have a door. Why? I work in the main lounge/reception area. Its great because I'm in the middle of everything, but 'everything' includes a lot of clashing sounds.

I'd mentioned that I'm campaigning to be a blogger on my company's website (I work at a media company), but I'd forgotten to
take into account that when I can't tune out the background noise it can be hard to think. Or think things through. Tell a story that has a beginning, middle and end? I have to remember the story before I begin. I've been starting to write my 'test' blog to show my boss and I've got to say that I've been writing more of the song lyrics I'm hearing than actual original thoughts.



That's me - I'm the Pam Beesly of this place. (I totally love the Dunder Mifflen image on the desktop.) And I love the look on her face - you can almost picture Al Bundy's sigh of defeat coming next.



I love being so easily entertained. Adding pictures to this makes me so happy! I figure I'll end up having some pointless, boring blogs like this one every so often. I'm entertained though! And after some thought - actually it just came to me - I can totally use the constant noise in here as something to write about. Now I just have to make it less boring.

No comments: