Friday, October 10, 2008

Invitations

Now that my inner Martha has been unleashed, I'm getting excited (and nervous!) to create my wedding invitations. Our wedding colors are sage green and cream with gold accents. I've been thinking a lot about whether or not we'll have a theme and I'm leaning toward no theme. I adore calla lilies, so I'm thinking that I'll use that as our image and color inspiration. Luckily calla lilies are in bloom in June so I shouldn't have to worry about ordering them for an additional cost. Also, I can find a good calla lily stamp that we can use on the invitations which will be a good starting point for our 'wedding image.'

(Source: flower-arrangement-advisor.com)

Last week I had ordered samples from Anchor Paper and they came in the mail yesterday. Since I don't know a lot about paper I'd wanted to see and feel the different cardstocks so I can figure out which colors and paper weights I like. I'm so glad I ordered samples since the paper looks a lot different in person than they do on the internet. Of the samples I ordered I only genuinely like the Classic Linen, Classic Natural White. Its creamy, not bright white, which I love. I'm ok with the Spring Larch green (Aspire Petalics), but the other green I got is not at all what I want. At least I'm figuring out what I don't want!

This weekend I want to go Paper Source and check out their stock of pretty, printed paper. Right now I'm deciding between a pocketfold invitation and a standard, matted invitation - I like the pocketfold for its convenience and unique design none of our friends have used, but for the matted invitation I like the idea of presenting everything in a box to our guests through the mail (its a different presentation, almost present like). Either way I'd like to have a printed paper to line the envelopes and I know the Georgetown store has a good selection. On their website I saw the Mint with gold flowers paper, which I think would be fabulous as an envelope liner.

I've made a decent start on the papers for the invitations. And I've seen some helpful websites that will give you a template for DIY invitations. The good thing but looking around I found a website that finally mentioned that getting 19" x 25" paper will yield at least 3 invitations (with paper left over). Hopefully I can get my paper custom cut so I won't have to worry about crooked lines!

No comments: