Monday, October 13, 2008

Make the cut

Some people are not making the invitation list. Its inevitable that coworkers, acquaintances and in some cases friends will not be invited to our wedding. Extended family members are welcome additions but their kids aren't necessarily welcome.

Fiancé and I went to the same college and knew a lot of the same people. There's maybe one girl I'd want to have at our wedding while he has a lot of people on his list. Basically we thought that we'd look at a master list of people and weed people out based on whether or not we think they'll be in our lives in 5 years.

This is really hard because it makes you look at friendships/relationships and take a long look at their strengths and weaknesses. And its made me second guess myself. Its that knowing if I can weed some people out, can they cut me out as easily? Yes, some people can and will. We'll hurt some feelings, and I'm sorry for that. But I really get those 'hard choices' other brides have mentioned to me-and I get how the cuts still have to be made even if others aren't happy about it.


No comments: