Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First ever blog of mine

Since I'm campaigning to blog on my company's website I thought it might be smart to practice writing what I think. Obviously I get to write about me and my life here, which is just fabulous, but I guess this blog is going to be great training for corporate internet. (Is there a such thing?) So wish me luck!

Anyway. I'm currently planning my wedding, which will be in June 2009. My inner Martha Stewart has been released and I like it. I love the idea of creating my own wedding stationary - knowing that it will be exactly what I want just thrills me. Honestly, having creative control sounds kinda bridezilla, but it means that I have no one to blame but myself if the finished product is awful. Lots of pressure, but I think that I'm up to the challenge!

I'm going to be doing 90% of the DIY stationary projects with a little help from my sisters. (
My fiance works in sports media and the MLB playoffs are going on while the NHL season opened tonight. This is a good thing since it means he's occupied while I geek out over paper, stamps and all my other fun toys.) My sweetie is super creative when it comes to the media - press releases, radio spots, tv ads, etc. Not so much the crafts. He tries, and I love him for it . . . but is it bad that I really want to make this my baby and have him step in only during emergencies?

Tomorrow I'm planning to create a few mock ups in Illustrator, and if they look somewhat decent I'll be glad to share my creations!

No comments: